View Single Post
Old January 25, 2013, 02:40 AM   #32
Bongo Boy

Congratulations!! Also thanks for posting a photo. Yes, I could get a million photos online of a G30, but everyone likes threads with photos.

The 45ACP is kind of like the V8 of the auto pistol world, I think, and similarly versatile. Loaded up to SAMMI standard and +P specs, it is very impressive. Loaded down to moderate levels it's still impressive as a defensive round and a pleasure to shoot all day. Loaded to bare minimums, it's just gut-bustin' can-plinkin' fun.

Although I can't suggest reloading as a solution to anything right at moment (because components are basically non-existent right now), do consider making the commitment to hand loading as a long-term strategy for affordable ammo. I couldn't possibly shoot anywhere close to the volume I enjoy if I didn't hand load. Ten cents a round is possible in any auto pistol caliber making your own bullets, $0.18 a round if you have to buy bullets.

45ACP handloads with 200 gr lead-- $0.10 a round:

I recently bought 500 rds of Armscor FMJ in 10mm, and printed a 3-round group the size of a penny at 20 yards from a rest. It seems to be good quality ammo at the very least as good as Winchester white box or Federal Champion...and it's manufactured in the USA. I'm impressed actually.

Congrats again and enjoy!

Last edited by Bongo Boy; January 25, 2013 at 02:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.03061 seconds with 8 queries