View Single Post
Old November 11, 2002, 04:53 PM   #5
stevie_d_64

We'all...

I happen to be the proud papa of a Bushmaster A3, bull barrel (heavy, chrome lined) at 14.5"...I don't really count the AK muzzle brake but anything but a device to keep the rise down to a minimum when firing this rifle...Its the "Shorty" version shown on the Bushmaster webpage...

I can see where the tacticle application would be it best arena to compete in...But me, I am into challenges...And if I can somehow gauge the prospect of competing in the longer range, slow fire matches...Certainly I can already see that anything beyond 300 yards is going to be too silly to comprehend...I dunno, maybe I should stick to CQ combat style matches...

Sorry that I didn't clarify the hardware issue...

If I recall correctly, my Dad shot targets out to some distance with single fire Thompson Contenders cambered for a variety of calibers...His barrels were not very different than what I have on this carbine...Of course the targets were steel pigs, chickens, rams and turkeys...Not group sizes and serious accuracy constraints...You knock them down, and thats a score...

Still would be fun to see what I could do...

What do they shoot (targets?) and what ranges are we talking about at those high-powered matches???

I have a good idea on the tactical carbine stuff they are doing down in San Antonio...Thats going to be fun to do...But I am looking to see how good I could get on a longer range match...

Maybe I could just get another "upper" in a competition design...It'll be like having two guns in one...

Thoughts? Chuckles? Downright flammenwefers??? Don't worry, I have a little thicker skin than most...

Better to ask and get input from others, than not, and lose interest in competing...

Page generated in 0.06277 seconds with 8 queries