View Single Post
Old February 2, 2006, 07:16 PM   #45
Don P

Fast draw practice

Ok folks, here's my .02 worth for the question. Practice is a given! I was on the prowl one night and found some info. First in looking for a private range or gun club I met a member of the U.S.P.S.A. His suggestion was to join either USPSA or IDPA. Both of these organizations will give you what we are looking for. Practice at drawing and getting your shots off and making them count while being timed. The gentelman that I spoke with stated that he can, from the sound of the horn draw and let the first shot go in 8th's of a second. His statement is practice, practice, and practice some more. I do realize the competetors are using holsters made for competing, but that is quick. So IMO join either club and who knows where it may lead. He also stated a private club that you have use of from sun-up to sun-down will be a great help with the practice end of things. I'll be attending my first match on the 18th of this month.
I was told for equipment the holster must cover the trigger guard and you will need a total of 4 extra mags in pouches. Be prepared to use approx. 150 rounds for the match. 9mm is the minimum caliber for auto's and a 10 round clip. Give it a go! What do you have to loose?

Page generated in 0.03176 seconds with 8 queries