View Single Post
Old August 9, 2008, 01:41 PM   #8
Laz

I'm not sure, but I think the color-case finish on all the mentioned guns is a cosmetic finish. Which ones are more durable I don't know. As far as strength, I know even the New Vaquero is plenty strong for anything you might fire in .357 but is not recommended for the .45 Colt "Ruger Only" loads reserved for the Blackhawk and the "original" larger Vaquero. I believe the Beretta and Uberti guns are only recommended for standard .45 Colt loads but will handle any factory .357 load, so far as I can tell (there are no warnings otherwise). Since Uberti offers its .45 Colt revolvers with an extra .45 acp cylinder and .45 acp is higher pressure than the .45 Colt, there must be some margin of safety beyond the 14,000 psi of .45 Colt but don't hold me to that, I don't know how far that is. The Ruger does have all coil springs and a reputation for durability more than the true SAA clones. Personally (and this is heresy) for a working gun, I prefer the more modern action of the Ruger and find cocking the gun easier and faster than the multiple clicks of the SAA. I like the SAA for what it is, but the Ruger design, IMO, is more modern and better overall (Ducking...). I like 'em both, for different reasons.

I’m just a nobody, trying to tell everybody, about Somebody, who can save anybody.

Page generated in 0.02491 seconds with 8 queries