View Single Post
Old June 30, 2006, 08:32 AM   #14
shaggy

AKs are pricey; currently in the $13k-14k range. About all you can really get for $3k would be a MAC variant, maybe a spitfire or voere. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a MAC though. They 're dead nuts reliable, built to take a beating, and parts and mags are generally cheap and available (for most models). The RoF is fast, so they can be a handful right out of the box, but they can be cheaply modified to slow the cyclic rate. There are also a couple different uppers available which will slow the cyclic rate and make them much more controllable. For example, the Max-11 upper, while pricey at just under $700, looks great, places the cocking knob on the left (rather than on top), has better sights, and slows the cyclic rate to about 600rpm - about that of an Uzi.

www.max-11.com

While I think the SWD M11 (9mm) is a great little MG for the money, if the idea of something small with a high RoF like a G18 really floats your boat, you might consider an SWD M11-A1 (.380). They're smaller than the 9mm M11 and, in fact, the receiver is the same length as the slide of a Glock 17. I'll have to look around for it, but somewhere I have a pic of an M11-A1 back to back with a G17 for a size comparison. Not very practical, but tons of mag-dumping fun.

Page generated in 0.02792 seconds with 8 queries