View Single Post
Old February 4, 2013, 03:22 PM   #1
Seeker

"Shot Heard Around the World"...

...is the famous catch-phrase that memorializes the the beginning of the American Revolution, but some have forgotten why there was any hostilities that day at all. It was about gun control.

The British had marched out to Concord and Lexington to seize cannon held by the colonists. Seems tyrants don't like their subjects armed as well as the government.

The Second amendment isn't about hunting, target practice, personal protection or even passing down granddads old shotgun. It's about citizens, not subjects, being able to defeat tyranny.

I just heard The POTUS on TV say the people should never out-gun law enforcement. However, that is exactly what the Second amendment is about.
-my feeling is that anyone that makes such a statement is in favor of government supremacy and opposed to individual freedom.

"The oppressed should rebel, and they will continue to rebel and raise disturbance until their civil rights are fully restored to them and all partial distinctions, exclusions and incapacitations are removed." --Thomas Jefferson
Don't Tread On Me!
"Equal and exact justice to all men, of whatever state or persuasion, religious or political; peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none" -- Thomas Jefferson

In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they do not have a real enemy, they will invent one in order to mobilize us.
-Thich Nhat Hanh

Page generated in 0.03769 seconds with 8 queries