View Single Post
Old January 14, 2013, 08:53 AM   #26
vito

There are many things in life that seem to happen if you truly expect them to happen. How many people think a car runs better when it is washed? Obviously that makes no difference, but some will swear it is true. If you think compressing a spring weakens it, then you will "see" that a long compressed spring does not seem as strong as an uncompressed one. Have you ever met someone who wears their "lucky" shirt when shooting in competition? I have, and he is absolutely sure that he shoots better when he wears that shirt. So many things on this and other forums are really based upon things like this, or other non-rational factors. There are people who are convinced that certain moderately expensive guns are "better" even when their guns have given them a great deal of problems. It is because they want to believe that they did not waste their money on this brand firearm. (The reality is that in terms of home or self defense the overwhelming majority of enthusiasts on this website will never need to use their gun for these purposes, and if they do, it likely will be at very, very close distances. The differences in accuracy of various guns will, in reality, mean very little if and when the gun is truly needed and used. But that doesn't stop some from endless arguing that their expensive, modified and babied handgun is so much better than that $300 45acp semi-automatic made by a low cost manufacturer. I will note however, that I am referring to long range accuracy, not reliability which can truly vary. But of course, if you want greater reliability, use a revolver.)

Page generated in 0.02460 seconds with 8 queries