View Single Post
Old August 31, 2012, 04:01 PM   #166
Quizcat

I have also had occasions to deal with Ruger CS myself. My most recent contact with them involved an Talo version Emiliano Zapata commemorative Vaquero.

There was a smudge on the front sight, like some gun grease had been there for quite a while. It wouldn't rub off, and the gun was sufficiently expensive that I didn't want to mess with correcting the problem myself.

I sent it back to Ruger, they merely polished it up, and got it back from them in a couple of weeks. It looks fantastic! You can't even tell the smudge was ever there.

My intention is to frame them in the following configuration, maybe in some kind of shadow box, and display them in my office, a reminder of "mucho tiempo" (ie: a lot of time) spent in Mexico on business, even to this day. Just haven't had the time to complete my vision for the pair.

I will never fire them...I purchased a regular 45LC blued Vaquero so I could at least know how they must feel to be shot.

"Emiliano Zapata" The Mexican Revolutionary

"It is better to die on one's feet, than to live on one's knees"

When a company like Ruger starts to venture into new areas, like the LCRs and the LCPs, LC9s, etc...it can get a little harry. I think companies that built their reputations on larger framed handguns are kind of flirting with disaster unless they're really careful with their engineering.

Due to the size of the parts, the reduced weight required, and the smaller frame sizes, etc..., it must be a considerable challenge to reduce defects to an acceptable level.

Plus, with the market having such a huge demand for concealable firearms, and the Bubba factor due to the low acquisition cost, everybody wanting their concealed carry, some consumers that wouldn't have known a firearm if it hit them square in the head, etc...their engineering department probably felt the pressure to roll out a product very quickly. Being rushed can cause huge quality issues, and it takes awhile for the hick ups to settle down.

Last edited by Quizcat; August 31, 2012 at 04:26 PM.

Page generated in 0.02414 seconds with 8 queries