View Single Post
Old January 2, 2010, 04:56 PM   #12
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Dinosaur opinion here, I go for reliability and that means as much as I like my pistols I pack a Revolver when I go into the woods, 357 is enough gun but for that little extra security I now carry a 41 mag with a 4" barrel. If I am hunting a 44 mag with 7 1/2" barrel. Never needed that extra power but like I said its that extra security thing. I would be sorely tempted to get the 10MM if you are a handgun hunter and you like to reach out for a little longer shot than most handgunners do but if my life was counting on the outcome its Ruger Super Blackhawk or Ruger Redhawk for me.

As a side note, the 7 1/2" 44 mag bites my hand less than the 4" 41 magnum does if that is a consideration for you. Convenience vs the extra sight radius and less felt recoil for that quick second shot if needed.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.02786 seconds with 8 queries