View Single Post
Old January 11, 2000, 07:15 PM   #1
HKMark23

OK Here goes...I'm totally new to reloading but have been a shooter for 12+ years. I want to start competing so my primary reason for reloading is cost (more rounds per dollar) so I can practice more. I would be reloading .45 ACP (FMJ) for my HK Expert, Primary consideration is accuracy, second is cleanliness (max power is not a factor).

Now I understand that reloading is a learned art involving alot of trial and hopefully no error. So I do not expect to just jump in and create magic...BUT! I do wish to find a good/accurate combination and stick with it. Again restating that my primary goal is to get in alot more range time.

Now I have two primary areas I'm hopeing to get some advice in. The first is basic reloading information and the second is specifically reloading for the .45
I have gone to several of my local shops with the intention of picking up a few books to get me started. But ended up walking out empty handed because the information seems to be mainly directed towords someone who already knows what there doing. With mabey a few pages of basic info and the other 200 are of graphs and formulas for types I've never even heard of.
I dont need info on reloading for the Weatherby/Casull flintlock, single action, rollingblock, Browning, openbolt .787-33 +++P Magnum, so I can drop a running Elk at 4 miles in a 90knot cross wind. I'd just like to find a book that will safely point a novice in the right direction!!!!
Now alot of you will probly say I should ask for help at my local range/shop. I have done this but have come away just as frustrated. I once asked a guy at one of my shops for advice on how to get started and five minutes later I had four guys standing around me, each one giving me their own expert opinion...INFORMATION OVERLOAD!

So enough of my endless typeing and to my questions!!!!
1) Does anyone know of a good book I can get that is specifically for the beginner?
2) What are the first steps I should take?
3) What should'nt I do?
4) Are there any products/companys I should stay away from?
5) If you could start your reloading experiance over again what would you do the same/different?

I lookforward to your input, advice, and experiance.
THANKS!!!!!!!

Page generated in 0.03419 seconds with 8 queries