Thread: NRA vs GOA
View Single Post
Old December 29, 2012, 07:49 PM   #52
Shane Tuttle
Staff

How 'bout thinking this in a little bit different light?

Let's think of what our country, our government, would have been like if the NRA didn't exist. What anti-gun laws would have been passed? What level of education would our culture have on firearms and the 2A? How many lives would have been adversely affected by NOT having the NRA? What Supreme Court, Appellate Court, or even local court decisions would have been made without the NRA's presence? What path would your kids have taken if they didn't have exposure to NRA junior shooting matches and programs?

The list of positive things the NRA and ILA have done for our country is so long that it's unfathomable. It has to be in tens of thousands at least since its inception. There is NO perfect organization. The NRA has its issues. But when you think objectively on the pros and cons of the NRA, IMO one is definitely biting the hand that feeds them if he/she bashes them. To me, it's selfish at best.

GOA? Their method of absolute NO compromise is honorable to say the least in theory. It's a nasty grey area to compromise and not be a sell-out to the 2A. That's where personal beliefs tie into what an organization is willing to do or not do politically. With that in mind, here's my question to ponder. What has GOA gained for America when they refused to compromise? If any gain at all, what was the short term and long term result? What happened when they didn't budge? Did the bill get passed anyway? As I asked regarding the NRA; what would America be like without GOA?

Yep, as stated, GOA is like Ron Paul. No compromises. 9 times out of 10 I believe we shouldn't compromise. But there are occasions when by not working together the 2A is hurt in the end, IMO and more harm is done than good.

If I had to only go with one or the other, the NRA would have my money. If I have the option, which I almost always have, more than one organization receives my hard earned money. In other words, my vote is BOTH. We need to have multiple pro gun organizations to fight the anti-gunners.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Page generated in 0.03378 seconds with 8 queries