View Single Post
Old December 6, 2013, 10:52 AM   #16
MTT TL

Quote:
"Range Practice Ammo." This is their way of saying to the uninitiated, "Hey, this isn't any good for self defense purposes. You need to purchase our PREMIUM SELF DEFENSE AMMO priced at $50.00 per box of 20 (in the bright orange boxes on the shelf right next to our Range Practice Ammo).

The only thing that's missing on the box of PREMIUM SELF DEFENSE AMMO is advertising which reads: "Maybe it costs a little more, but isn't your family's life worth it?"
The bolded part is True. It is not good ammunition for self defense purposes. It would certainly be my last choice.

Take a look at the velocities of various ammunition and the terminal performance of various bullet types and you will quickly see the difference. A slow moving FMJ bullet may stop a threat but it will be much less likely to do so given the performance of the bullet.

When defending myself I'd rather have a cheap gun and good ammo than a really nice gun and cheap ammo.

Page generated in 0.02232 seconds with 8 queries