View Single Post
Old March 29, 2011, 06:38 PM   #6
[email protected]

I took delivery of a Performance Center MP15-22 yesterday. When I checked the bore it looked terrible. I attempted to clean it with Shooters Choice Lead Remover and a Deweys bore brush. The first time I tried to get a patch through it I had to use a .177 rod because the .22 rod would not fit. After 8 hours of lead removal it still was not clean. The chamber still has 2 big lumps of lead in it and there are ribbons of lead down the rifling. I have called Smith and Wesson a dozen times and finally managed to talk to a human being twice and there has NOT been on offer to do anything about this rifle. The dealer I bought it from is a one man shop and he had the rifle a week. He says he never shoots new guns and no one else has access. The transfer dealer does not have a range and they had the rifle for an hour and a half. This rifle was shipped from Smith & Wesson the way I received it. It needs a new barrel and I have not fired it yet. I am not sure I want another S&W firearm. I have 5 other Performance Center firearms, but if this is what comes out of the shop now I don’t want anymore.

Page generated in 0.03634 seconds with 8 queries