View Single Post
Old February 21, 2006, 08:11 PM   #18
duck911

This is a chilling thread and goes to remind all of us that carrying concealed is (OBVIOUSLY) deadly serious business.

After reading almost every reply I stopped and thought about how I would have handled the situation, and how a shooting would turn my life UPSIDE DOWN in the short term and also change it likely forever.

My first thought is, "it's not worth it to me to continue to consider getting my CCW" I'm still struggling with this.

My next thought is then, "But, it's LESS worth it to me to be in a BAD situation with no hope of defending myself." I'd rather mortgage the house off, lose my job, and go broke in the courts, proving I acted only as a last resort because I truly feared for my life. Going down this road seems moderately better than the first option (at least I'm still alive), but man, at what cost.

It goes without saying (for me, at least), that pulling a gun to shoot is a LAST DITCH, DESPERATION EFFORT to save my life, and THAT only happens
after I have tried talking, running, joking, thinking, and screaming my way out of danger. Situational awareness seems SO important to me to help avoid these situations, that I hope it is a topic of great focus if I go forward with a CCW class.

Page generated in 0.02490 seconds with 8 queries