View Single Post
Old March 16, 2013, 03:17 PM   #10
Walt Sherrill

Quote:
I thought it may have been the 75 but it had the wind adjustable rear sights and the body was a white kind of steel color. It was definitely in a .40 and the magazine was a double stack holding either 11 or 13 + 1.
Most 85Bs are polycoated blue/black. I've got an 85 Combat in satin nickel. (I don't think I've ever seen a two-tone 85 or 85 Combat, nor one in .40, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.) The standard magazine for those larger 9mm guns are 10 rounders in some states and 16+ in others, or for .40s, 10 and 12, depending on state law.

I don't think I've ever seen a CZ-82 or CZ-83 with adjustable sights; they didn't come that way from the factory. Those guns shoot a somewhat weaker 9x18 round, known as 9mm Makarov. The 9mm CZs shoot 9x19. While these guns aren't small (i.e., not pocket guns), they are much smaller than the full-size CZ-75 or CZ-85 guns.

Further, every click-adjustable sight on a CZ that I've seen was windage only. All of them have rear sights that can be tapped for windage.

It sounds as though you were looking at a CZ-75B in .40; they come with all of the features you described.

The only factory adjustable sights can be click-adjusted for both elevation and windage; that's the same sight that comes on the Kadet Kit.

Last edited by Walt Sherrill; March 16, 2013 at 06:33 PM.

Page generated in 0.02100 seconds with 8 queries