View Single Post
Old November 19, 2013, 09:43 AM   #75
OuTcAsT

grizz223 Wrote:

Quote:
Now having said all that if you think that we as law enforcement officers are not held to a higher standard you are very wrong.
Really ? Then please explain this :

Quote:
I just want you to know that it is necessary for us to have some peace of mind that if I'm doing my job to the best of my ability that I won't end up broke or in jail because of a decision I made in a split second.
If I, as a "civilian" am involved in a defensive shooting situation, that is exactly the risk I face. Yet, you say:

Quote:
I can guarantee you that even though the Officer would be found not guilty of negligence. Most departments down here would fire him or her because of liability.
So, If I make any mistake during a defensive shooting, I can face financial ruin, prison, or both. If you make a mistake, you face a "disciplinary" action or, possibly get fired ?

If that is the case, then how can you possibly assert that LEOs are "held to a higher standard" ? You point out the many protections you have in place to give you "peace of mind" yet, fail to acknowledge that the average citizen has no such safety net in place, our fate lies with the criminal courts.

Quote:
The Officers of the NYPD are very lucky that they have a very strong union.
Too bad we, as civilians don't have that kind of representation, It would be nice to have our defensive shooting situations critiqued by an arbitration board rather than a trial jury.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Last edited by OuTcAsT; November 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Clarification and, punctuation.

Page generated in 0.02848 seconds with 8 queries