View Single Post
Old June 16, 2008, 12:05 PM   #13
Couzin

My two cents. If you really insist on using a pump shottie to shoot skeet and trap - then you should get a couple chokes suitable for skeet (cylinder and a skeet 1, maybe skeet 2 or improved cylinder - but you probably won't need them with such a short barrel gun), a couple chokes suitable for trap distances (probably an improved modified and modified for your type of gun but if this is the really short barrel you may want to go even tighter), and go pattern the gun first with some 7-1/2 to 8 shot for the trap, and 8, 8-1/2, or 9 shot for skeet. That will help you define where your densest shot string is going and you can then adjust accordingly where you will be placing your rear sight (you) on the stock for your best sight picture and put the most pellets on the bird. You can use a heavier shot if you want for your second bird so you can reach out a little further. I cannot use a pump for doubles - just pulls me off the gun and I lose the bird - good luck to you, it is great fun no matter what you decide to use.

Page generated in 0.02376 seconds with 8 queries