View Single Post
Old November 2, 2008, 02:57 PM   #8
Hoss Delgado

Alright, thanks for the info so far. Good stuff.

Sorry, I guess this might have been unclear in my first post. I shot #8 and #2, both from a 12 gauge. I went and checked on the ammo, and here's what the boxes say.

#2, 1 1/8 oz, 1375 velocity
#8, 1 1/8 oz, DR. EQ 3

I looked it up and I think DR. 3 is about 1200 velocity in this case? So is that why the recoil is so much heavier then?

For comparing the 12 and the 20, both of those are based on #8. I realize that, being a bigger shell and launching more metal, the 12 gauge will have more recoil. But I'm trying to find out how much of it is based on that. The reason being, I want to be able to comfortably shoot a 12 gauge. Currently, I can't handle this one. I'm not sure if it's me or the gun, and I don't have another 12 gauge available to compare it to. It may also just be because I'm so light, I'm 6' 3" and only 140 pounds. For whatever it's worth, I have shot a .410 briefly and the recoil is pretty low, but a 20 gauge is manageable.

Also, I remembered another question. What exactly is an o-ring? I've heard about them in reference to semi-autos, and apparently they're something that needs to be replaced regularly?

Page generated in 0.02638 seconds with 8 queries