View Single Post
Old February 7, 2014, 01:52 PM   #32
Nanuk

The Police shootings tell me one thing, no one can predict what circumstances are going to govern their particular gun fight/shooting, as a LEO.

Which now should govern my choice of weapon I carry, because I also can not predict an incident, if one ever takes place.

Quote:
So I shoot a Glock 19 in IDPA competition, I carry a Glock 19 every day. A couple of months ago, at my own large Gun Club, I was the most accurate shooter, out of 68 competitors.

So we can take it as read, I can hit what I aim at, most of the time.
Using the same gun I compete with, I carry. My pistol has 16 rounds? Because it does, and more is better, always.

I have fiber optic night sights, TruGlo, to my mind the best on the market.

So when I hear people (lots of them) say the average gun fight is ten feet, and 3 rounds? That's why they carry a Chief Special, 5 shot revolver? I smile, and pat my spare G17 magazine, and my bright LED Flashlight.

I broke my Crystal ball years ago.

Totally agree. The big difference between police shootings and civilian shootings are the events leading up to the shooting. The fact that 14 officers fired 127 shots in one incident is irrelevant because each officer should be looked at individually for accurate comparison.
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Page generated in 0.04539 seconds with 8 queries