View Single Post
Old December 13, 2009, 10:11 PM   #14
zippy13

I, too, got my Beretta from Paxton* Arms. Mwar410, your straight stock may have been something special ordered anticipating a customer like you. Your typical gun shop will probably have just one of the many stocks available from the maker. The stocks shown in the catalog are typically the starting point. For a serious comp gun, you should have a selection of stocks to choose from.

There is a definite advantage to getting a gun from an experienced shooter like Robert Paxton. Not only does he offer a great selection, his expert assistance in gun selection and fit, there's value. I got my Beretta at an attractive price. May I suggest, if you're planning on getting a comp gun, don't go to the "special gun room" at one of the big box sports stores -- comp guns are just a small fraction of their sales. Do yourself a favor and deal with Robert or someone like him. Over the years, when I've had comp gun questions, a direct call to Robert has got me the answer -- try that with your big box store.

*For those who don't know Robert Paxton, he's been selling comp shotguns for over 30 years and is still an active premier skeet shooter. His accomplishments include: induction into the NSSA Hall of Fame, World Champion (5 times), 38 selections as an All-American Team member. 17 perfect tournaments (400x400), etc. Robert is also skeet's semi-official Master of Trivia. If you want to know what left handed shooter had the ugliest dog at the 2005 US Open, if anyone knows, it's probably Robert.

Page generated in 0.03742 seconds with 8 queries