Thread: Range War
View Single Post
Old March 1, 2000, 11:46 AM   #1
Joe West

I posted this on the Cas list so if you read it twice, my apologies.
I just got back from Range War. I had a real good time. This has got to be the start of the neatest facility in the SASS world. I've shot in and been involved in putting on several matches so my perspective is different from the folks who just shoot and maybe help set set up from time to time. As a first match in a new facility, it was unbelievable that it could go so well. As it is fully completed it could become the hottest and hardest to get ticket in SASS. All matches have their own flavor and style. This one is pure and sweet for the shooter. If you think all matches should be run exactly the same and with the same targets, you should stay home and leave room for others. If you are a good shooter, you were challenged to do your best. If you love the Old West and it's mystique, you were in heaven. If you were there just to have fun, you had a lot of fun! The targets were innovative and visually appealing. You'll have to see the pictures to realize we were shooting from a fully reproduced western town, not just fronts! And at night the BIG lights come on and you can just keep on shooting like full daylight! The people who put this on did a fantastic job. Everybody came through safe and if they didn't have fun they can look in the mirror and see the reason. I've been to and been involved with running matches with real problems before and I still had fun even then. That's why we put these things on! People don't bust their backs and empty their wallets to make you unhappy!
They had some good vendors with plenty of stock for the shoppers. Another real plus was Fredericksburg itself. Filled with great shops and good places to eat, a lot of folks go there just for the town year round! If you can get in for the next one at Tin Star, you owe it to yourself to go.
Every match has problems and has to make adjustments, this one started good and I think it will become great.
Joe West

------------------

Page generated in 0.03231 seconds with 8 queries