View Single Post
Old March 14, 2009, 04:55 PM   #53
ME262

Quote:
I use brake or carb cleaner to routinely clean guns.

And those chemicals smell remarkably similar to something like Birchwood Casey "Gun Scrubber" or other similar spray cleaners you find at gun shops.

I suspect they are near chemically identical. They are not identical in price though.
Wouldn't be a bit surprised. I figured that Mobil 1 or something would do the job just as good as special gun oils too, at a tiny fraction of the cost.

Quote:
In my experience, and this is with both Mk II and III pistols, the only recurring problem was what I call "The Ruger Stovepipe". What would happen is that an extracted case would impact the left lip of the magazine before it hit the ejector. This would cause the spent case to tumble in the action and lodge. The case would be sticking open end out with the rimmed base still in the action with the bolt closing on it.
Ha! That is exactly what was happening with the one mag, the mag I was planning to return to Ruger, but haven't yet. I guess I'll go ahead and return it anyway. Should I order a spare mag from them while I'm at it, or is there a better place to get them?

I've had relatively little experience with .22's, though I have a S & W 617. What's the best way to clean the barrel? The rods they sell for .22's, when you slip a piece of patch on them, it makes for a very tight fit.

Page generated in 0.02258 seconds with 8 queries