View Single Post
Old August 24, 2011, 11:24 AM   #25
Roland Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz5350
Greg I've run into the same problem with buying bullets not found in the manuals
I was hoping to hear that.

I was surprised to find that the some of the manuals only provide one bullet for each weight for a specific caliber. Example, Lymans 47th for 9mm Luger in 115gr lists Hornady XTP Bullets 9mm (355 Diameter) 115 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point #35540 and that's it. Hornadays only lists one for 115gr 9mm (not the same one as Lymans) as well. So, if we only use what the books show with no substitutions and there are only a dozen or so reloading manuals on the market (just guessing but you get my point) and they each only list one bullet per caliber/weight then everyone that reloads is pretty much using the same thing.

So, are you saying that if Lymans lists Hornady XTP Bullets 9mm (355 Diameter) 115 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point #35540 I could use Remington Bullets 9mm (355 Diameter) 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket instead.

BTW...do you buy your reloading stuff local in ATL?

Last edited by Roland Thunder; August 24, 2011 at 11:33 AM.

Page generated in 0.03693 seconds with 8 queries