Thread: Desert Eagle?
View Single Post
Old February 25, 2014, 09:07 PM   #1
JSAW

Desert Eagle?

At the risk of sounding like a dork, a Desert Eagle is my top priority firearm to own. The ultimate Desert Eagle for me would be a .50 AE, pre-2010 Mark XIX in either polished chrome or bright nickel. But I've yet to see a box of .50 AE in any gun or pawn shop near me in three counties, so it would be more reasonable to acquire one in .44 Magnum, even though the .44 magnum selection in my local area is slim.

I've done alot of research, seen alot of praise and alot of horror stories about them online and I have been thinking about starting to put some money aside and or do some trading around to get my hands on one.

However... They're super expensive! (as if you all didn't already know! lol)

I ain't quite ready yet to throw $1,500 - $2,000 for a firearm that I've never shot before.

What I do know is that they're heavy, I have held a few of them before. I do love the way the gun feels in my hand, surprisingly I prefer one without the finger grooves. But I don't think they're too heavy, in fact I think the weight makes me feel more comfortable when handling it, like if I were to shoot I'd feel like I'm actually holding onto it. And it feels 100 times better in my hand than my Super Blackhawk or my S&W model 19.

I know they require jacketed or semi-jacketed rounds because of the polygonal rifling and gas system, and can be rather finicky when it comes to ammo, and can be prone to jamming from poor ammo quality or poor handling.

I guess, to cut it short. I want to hear from some Desert Eagle owners, what kind of ammo you use, what kind of maintenance it requires. And if I were to find a used one at a more reasonable price, what are some things I should look into or be concerned about?

Practicality, tacticality and things like that I'm not concerned about because I'm not a Marine or an officer of the law looking for a side arm! lol I just want one to shoot and enjoy, and maybe for the occasional hike in the woods.

Page generated in 0.02629 seconds with 8 queries