Thread: 38 super
View Single Post
Old July 1, 2013, 02:47 PM   #6
Sevens

Oh, I wouldn't argue even a little bit with that, it's almost no different than 10mm Auto. You can buy five different brands of 10mm ammo on the market today and find five wildly different velocities with the same bullet weight and nobody is really up-front with what they are selling except for the smaller boutique ammo producers that wish to replicate the original spirit of the round.

It's somewhere between annoying and disturbing because if you build and market pistols that are designed around what the BIG manufacturers make (for example, Federal) then true to spec rounds are going to beat the snot out of the platform.

Much of the .38 Super ammo available today from the big brands are weak and either don't eclipse or don't even catch performance 9mm ammo, much like a large portion of the 10mm on the market today won't eclipse a performance .40 S&W load. Yet, due to the economy of scale, it's priced quite a bit higher.

Page generated in 0.03108 seconds with 8 queries