View Single Post
Old June 27, 2009, 09:00 PM   #1
cgeorgan

Michigan CCW - Couple of Questions

Hi to all!

NEW to this forum, definitely not new to the wonderful world of armaments.

Anyways, my question is this (with background):

I recently received my CCW in the State of Michigan. Specifically, I live in Washtenaw County *and* - more specifically - right off of the University of Michigan campus.

It is not clear to me what the rules are regarding concealed carry *on* the campus itself, as it is quite big and hard to avoid if you live in Ann Arbor. I am not a student, so I will not be entering any University buildings or classrooms - I will only be on the "campus", loosely defined as walking around the Diag, the outside of various buildings, etc.

Would I be in violation of the Michigan CCW laws regarding carrying on school grounds in this regard?

Second - regarding "concealed" carry": Exactly how "concealed" must my handgun be? For example, if I have a matte-finished blued handgun, and it's in the outside mesh pocket of a black bag, is that still "concealed"? Take it a step further (since I've read a lot about open carry) - Am I even required to conceal my handgun? I have no moral or ethical issue with people seeing my piece, though it's not there for the purposes of being seen.

LASTLY - and this is slightly off topic - I'm considering purchasing one of the HK P7 series handguns (I currently own the USP .40 compact). Anybody have experience with these, and ideas of where I can find a (preferably) used P7M13? Can you even find those anymore in the US if you're not part of law enforcement?

Kind Regards and thanks in advance! Also, sorry if this has been answered before; I did a search but this is such an active forum there are a LOT of different threads.
CG

Page generated in 0.02420 seconds with 8 queries