View Single Post
Old June 24, 2013, 10:57 AM   #24
F. Guffey

Old Roper, I like the part about "this must be done very carefully" seems he did not like the part where the bullet is not held in the neck securely. Again, I am the fan of bullet hold, I want all the hold I can get.

And Bart B. has moved over to measuring bullet hold in pounds instead of neck tension as a interference fit between the diameter of the bullet and inside diameter of the case neck.

Then there is something else that does not seem fair, the link took me to a number of shooters that have purchased over the counter rifles for $450.00 +/- a hundred or a few and set world records, based on the information some of them are have been doing 'it' for years, again, that does not seem fair 'UNLESS!! They do not shop where I shop, it is one of those philosophies I am against, it is not good to put a reloader into a dead run from the start. It takes practice, practice practice , then there is that thing about practice, if practice is not practiced correctly and done wrong, there is a big chance practice will result in getting it wrong.

In my chambers bullet hold ends when the trigger is pulled, increasing bullet hold, reducing bullet hole, the neck of the case gets hammered, when hammered the neck expands, my big concern? I want the neck to expand, it is most unhealthy for the rifle and shooter if failure is designed into the clearance between the neck diameter of the chase is greater than the diameter of the neck in the chamber.

Then there are other places I have been successful when shopping.

http://www.gunauction.com/search/dis...temnum=7309186

The $120.00 I paid for this M1917 was money well spent, there was/is little I can do to imporve on the accuracy, so? I applied the ‘Leaver Policy’ I left-er the way I found-er.

F. Guffey

Last edited by F. Guffey; June 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: change ti 'to' to

Page generated in 0.03257 seconds with 8 queries