View Single Post
Old October 22, 2009, 10:41 AM   #9
USAFNoDak

In Reply to Thomme:

My tone was meant to point out the absurd claims by the media and Michael Bloomberg that gun shows are arms bazaars (sorry about my earlier spelling mistake) where ANYONE can by ANY type of firearm WITHOUT a background check. If that was really true, then why didn't these guys just go to a gun show to get automatic weapons? Also, if they couldn't get automatic weapons, then why wouldn't they settle for semiautomatic weapons? According to the media and the anti gun crowd, semiautomatic weapons are just as deadly as full auto and are to be considered weapons of war, meant only for the battlefield, not for civilian use. All of this "misinformation" about firearms has been readily and steadily put out there for decades by the media and the anti gun folks. In fact, they are on record stating that the public's confusion over the term "assault weapon" (semi auto vs. machine guns) will only serve to assist in banning a whole new class of firearms.

I hope that clears it up for you a little. I was using sarcasm in an attempt to make a point that gun shows must not be the arms bazaars that the media and Michael Bloomberg claim they are.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.

Last edited by USAFNoDak; October 22, 2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling, punctuation and grammar.

Page generated in 0.03832 seconds with 8 queries