View Single Post
Old March 18, 2009, 08:50 AM   #1
x10

Taurus 1911 Parts Compatibility

a friend and I were at a shop a couple weekends ago and they and 2 Taurus 1911's one used one new, We bought them I got the used one with the 8 sights and buddy got the new one with horizontal 3 dot, My trigger is 3lb 10oz and his is a heavy almost 7 pounds, So far I've noticed that my trigger drags on several of my magazines while the magazines are proven in other guns, So I was looking for internal parts for both of the guns and wondered if anyone had experience putting aftermarket parts in the Taurus'. I was under the impression that the 1911 was built pretty much to other 1911 dimensions but would like to know if anyone has run into problems with sears and hammers and I would like to get some adjustible sights for my gun and wondered if anyone had some suggestions on adjustable sights that don't stick up a bunch but they don't have to be super low pro. I haven't measured the dovetails yet but will before I order, I usually order from midway or Brownells, Will take the guns into a local smith to have the slides trued and tightened and the rails trued up. So far I've put about 100 rounds through mine no problems except for the magazine dragging and same with my buddies, except his trigger doesn't drag

Page generated in 0.03859 seconds with 8 queries