View Single Post
Old August 17, 2011, 01:29 PM   #36
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Only adjustment I have had to make since the 70's is cut my range down to 20 yards instead of 60 and wear shooting glasses with tinted lenses. The yellow makes everything stand out in the woods under heavy cover and on overcast days. I also am more likely to look for a tree to brace my shooting arm against instead of off hand shots like I used to do.

One thing hasn't changed, I still have the same two guns and I still use 40 gr solids. I have lost rabbits with hollow points, the 40 gr nails them to the ground. Squirrels and pigeons don't make much difference but I like the small hole the non expanding bullet makes because I am eating what I shoot. If I am hunting the only ammo in my pocket is 40 gr standard velocity. I'm not particularly fussy about manufacturer as long as the cartridge goes bang. Hitting the target is on me not the ammo.

Just dos centavos from an old dinosaur.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.02536 seconds with 8 queries