Thread: Where to start?
View Single Post
Old December 16, 1999, 07:44 PM   #16
Trigger Jerk

SOME local clubs may have a seperate class for 22's. The club I helped start two years ago, just started a 22 class this past year. We were hoping to encourage youngsters and wives/girlfriends to shoot. It didn't get a big response. Most months no one even shoots in it, but we keep it available anyway. It doesn't cost anything, and our philosophy is that we want to encourage perople to participate rather than exclude them.

Here's a tip on costuming...If you just want to "fit in" while you are starting out, you might be able to find a lot of usable things at a thrift store. Black jeans are pretty basic, go with anything and can serve double duty, add a long sleve solid color shirt and to snaz it up a little, replace the plastic buttons for a few dollars (check the local fabric store as they should have a huge selection of metal and wood buttons that would look authentic), and remove the part of the collar that turns down. to the jeans, sew buttons on the inside of the waistband for suspenders. Buttons are preferable to rivets if the pants are going to do double duty (also worn for non CAS stuff). The rivets will dig into your side if you wear a belt without the suspenders. Find an old cowboy style hat and and old pair of boots and you're there. Change the look by adding a vest or bandana.

Then after you do this awhile and see several different outfits, you will get a good idea of what you want. There are lots of good places on the net to buy cowboy stuff.

I'm into it pretty heavy. I have collected about 15 shirts, 5 or 6 pants, 3 paris of boots, a dozen or so bandanas and even a wig that I occasionally wear in cold weather to get that long haired outlaw look.

Page generated in 0.02005 seconds with 8 queries