View Single Post
Old July 22, 2014, 07:49 AM   #1
rockerpanels

25-06 22" Barrel Length Issue

I've been reading and perusing the Firing Line forums for a long time, but decided to sign up (now I'll probably be hooked even more) to ask about the 22" barrel issue on the 25-06. Seems like every year before deer season comes in, I want a new rifle. I've never owned a 25-06, but have shot a couple and loved them, but I didn't even think about the barrel, so I don't know what lengths they were. I also am in love with Savage firearms, and even more so now with the accutriggers. I'm looking to possibly but the Savage Trophy Hunter XP in 25-06, but they only come in 22" length barrels. I don't really know whether that would be a real issue, as I've read so much that it was, so much that it wasn't. Either way, though, it really is difficult, it seems to me, to find stock 24" barrelled 25-06 rifles.

-If there's such a issue with that length, why do they seem to be the standard length barrels manufactured?

-Are the rifles now manufactured any differently where this isn't as big a deal that it used to be, that seems it could be plausible?

-Has anyone shot the Savage TH-XP 116 in 25-06?

Thanks

Page generated in 0.02125 seconds with 8 queries