View Single Post
Old June 19, 2009, 02:32 PM   #118
Texas Rifleman

Quote:
As long as a person understands their rights, acts accordingly to the threat presented, and does not needlessly escalate a situation beyond the threat actually presented there is nothing wrong with defending yourself.
I agree.

As far as thiefs go, listen to me. It's my stuff. Mine. I worked for it, they didn't. They're stealing. Stealing is wrong. If their life was precious they should have guarded it better and treated it with the respect needed and done something better with it. That's not my problem. If someone is stealing my stuff I'm going to stop them...period. I'm not totally a bastard, though. If it's a kid I wouldn't. They're still young and trying to figure things out. On the other side if the kid is trying to shoot me I would stop them in a heartbeat. Protecting youself is number one. Protecting your property is something that is up to the individual to decide. It's not about the property being apart of you, that's selfish. It's about stopping a criminal who is committing a crime right there and right then and keeping them from doing it to someone else. You may even stop that person from doing something even worse like stealing your daughters innocence by raping her. The lesson is don't committ crimes. You're not protected here.

Page generated in 0.03491 seconds with 8 queries