Thread: Canned hunt
View Single Post
Old February 28, 2007, 02:56 PM   #22
rem33

I have seen planted pheasants you had to kick at to make them fly. To me that is not hunting. Buddy of mine reached down a rung one's neck once he was so frustrated with the whole mess. Maybe it is different in other areas, I don't know.

One of the elk ranches with a link to it I have posted on the canned elk post is only 500 acres. Now do you suppose that is 500 just for the elk? Or the house and out buildings too? No matter really, unless it is very uneven you could stand in the middle and take your pick.

One elk ranch I know of not to far from me is 2000 or so acres. I have seen the place many times. That 2000 includes the house, out buildings and several different pens of elk, I feel sure, you can see as you drive by. I don't call that hunting in any since of the word.

I had a chance to shoot a buffalo couple of years ago for $400 in a pen. In a way I wish I had. I would have came out OK on meat and a nice skull and had the hide tanned. With maybe $1000 or less in the whole mess by the time I was done. but it would have been what I would have called a shoot for the hide, skull and meat, not a hunt. Maybe I coulda used my black powder and wore buckskins and took pictures,,,, gimme a break. I do like Buffalo meat though.

I eat beef they are killed in a pen. You want to go and shoot animals in a pen I have no problem with that, just be humane as you can about it but don't call it hunting it is a shoot, or kill not a hunt!

Last edited by rem33; February 28, 2007 at 03:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.02502 seconds with 8 queries