View Single Post
Old July 22, 2013, 01:02 PM   #2
45Gunner

Quote:
Have you ever had a rude awakening that you needed to keep your skills sharper?
Glad to hear someone fessing up about practice. I am the designated Pistol Instructor for two distinct and different shooting clubs. I am on the range three to four times a week, two hours each session by myself practicing. My fellow club members show up once a month and get all ticked off at themselves for not being consistently on target and have a difficult time wondering why. I keep preaching practice, practice, and more practice. The irony here is that one need not be at the range to practice. Trigger control can be practiced while sitting in one's living room while watching TV. Some of my guys have finally got it and we now hold a once a week session doing dry practice without having to leave the community and go to a range. Put your sight on a "target" (Please make sure the gun is empty and double check it.) When the trigger breaks, the sights should be exactly where they were prior to the break. If one does this at home, the range should be a piece of cake. I appreciate not eveyone can go out and pop off several hundred rounds three to four times a week. This is why this drill becomes even more important.

Just to challenge yourself, if your revolver or semi-auto has a flat spot on the muzzle, dust cover, or somewhere in front of the rear sights, place a quarter flat on that area. Practice pulling the trigger so the quarter does not fall off the gun.
NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.02464 seconds with 8 queries