View Single Post
Old January 11, 2014, 05:39 PM   #1
Departed402

Introduce me to the AK

I lot of people say, “You don’t really have a gun collection unless you have ______.” That blank can be a lot of things including: ARs, 1911s, .22 rifles, or AKs. I plan on getting an AK rifle at some point; however, I don’t know a lot about them. I do know that they were originally made in 7.62x39mm, and the AK pattern has been taken in a lot of different directions since 1947. As someone who plans on owning just one AK rifle, I would prefer to have one that has parts compatible with other AK rifles, not because I plan on building a Frankenstein AK, but just in case something breaks, or if I want to add different furniture. Whenever I buy guns I prefer to buy quality, so one day my great-grandkids, whom I may never meet, can shoot my guns. So I am looking for an introduction to Kalashnikov rifles. I know much more about AR-15s ,so comparisons to the AR platform could help my understanding, such as, “AKs, like AR-15s, are generally considered better when they have a chrome-lined barrels.” That is just an simple example statement. Feel free to expand anything you want!

It seems like a lot of TFL posters ask for something like this, and buy a gun within a few hours. I never understood that. I will probably not be buying an AK within the next few months. So if anyone here at TFL has the time I would appreciate an intro to Kalashnikovs.

Page generated in 0.03232 seconds with 8 queries