View Single Post
Old April 18, 2013, 04:12 AM   #12
NWPilgrim

On the fence about gun rights.

Smartperson, can you explain why you think criminals, or those planning violent attacks, care one whit about gun laws? Do you really think someone planning to kill another person is worried about ignoring background checks, or laws against stealing firearms?

Your moral dilemma stems from a poor understanding of criminal behavior.

I notice a flood of these new postings with the current legislative actions and wonder how can real gun owners be this ill informed of the nature of crime and the responsibility to be armed and defend one's family. Do real people actually believe more gun laws will have any impact on gang bangers? Robbers and muggers? Vengenace killers such as that former TX judge?

After I have one firearm what good does a background check do any way? If I intended to attack someone why would I try to buy a gun through legal means rather than use the one I already have or one I could steal?

Before, what, 1968 there were no background checks, you could buy guns through direct mailorder catalogue or most department stores. I dare say our society was much more polite and respectful of each other on the whole back then compared to today when we have MANY gun laws piled on the shoulders of law abiding citizens. Not such a smart thing.

Page generated in 0.02629 seconds with 8 queries