View Single Post
Old November 26, 2000, 12:15 AM   #1
brianidaho

Hi all, I'm looking for a holster for my Witness compact, and have an idea I'd like to run past you. I want a concealable IWB rig, something I can wear under a light dress shirt or tee shirt w/o a cover garment. This means a tuckable design of some type.

I like the looks of the Milt Sparks Versamax 2 or the Watch Six. Other posts indicate that they are comfortable. I've seen some negative comments concerning the clips though, and you can't do a tuckable approach with the loops.

My thought is, can I utilize the snap loops and cut a vertical slit or cutout, maybe an inch to inch and a half long, each side of the gun, between the gun and the clip. OK, not cut an existing holster, have one made with them in. I could then tuck a shirt over the gun (between the gun/holster and pants), pass the shirt through the slits and behind the clips. I'm going to talk with a local leatherworker about this, I'm wondering what you'd think. Has anyone tried something similar?

Hope this makes sense. I've made up a cardboard template, seems to work. Wish I could post a sketch, things would be clearer.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Page generated in 0.02181 seconds with 8 queries