Thread: CAS/SASS
View Single Post
Old January 24, 2011, 11:24 AM   #42
Noz

I'll answer a few of your questions:

45 Colt rifle. It's always easier to load for one cartridge rather than several. The 45 Colt was never chambered in any of the old rifles. It seems to have difficulty expanding, under cowboy loads, enough to seal the chamber and prevent blowback. You'll have to talk to some who do shoot them for particulars.

Shot gun shells must be carried "on your body" not on the gun. Shell belts unsecured bandeleros, belt slides all work well. My personal choice is an 8 shell slide on a plain belt. The shells are held in 2 shell pockets to make it easier to grab two to load the SxS.

The shotgun you have will work well. I'd have the barrels checked then shoot it. The SASS rule on shot size is #4 or smaller. A lot of ranges have initiated #6 or smaller and some #7 1/2 or smaller. 8s or 9s will work quite well.

Mule: If you are handicapped then go for it. No rule against it however the clubs that allow unlimited use of them either have a LOT of room or they have unhappy shooters that try to walk around the traffic jams. I don't like them.

You can make a portable(bolt to the bench) loading stand for pistols rifle and shotgun. Paying retail will get really old, really fast.

Sounds like you are ready to go.

Page generated in 0.02714 seconds with 8 queries