View Single Post
Old March 6, 2011, 03:01 AM   #17
HiBC

Now,before you jump into this project,I suggest you do some figuring.
You can probably get a Midway Adams and Bennet barrel threaded and short or long chambered for under $100 and your gunsmith may not charge a whole lot to fit it.I'll let your smith price it,but suppose I guess $60.
What sights will you use? If you are going to scope it,it will take a bolt handle alteration.Its not real cheap.And you will have to make a decision about the safety,to work with the scope.That may lead you to look at a cock on opening conversion and a trigger.Now,scope bases,drill and tap
You could reshape the mil stock,glue on blocks to change the comb,etc to make it fit a young girl.A big part of how it recoils for her is if it fits,Oh,and about $30 for a recoil pad and then some to fit it.
Were you going to have the new barrel blued?You can paint it all pink,she may like that.
This will all take some time,of course.
Maybe you could compare that to time spent taking your daughter to gunshops and gunshows in search of just the right rifle.Just for her.
It might be an H+R Topper in 30-30,or a Rem 788 in 243,or some little 250 Savage....But,Its your thing,do it how you think is best.

Its cool you are thinking of passing it on to her.

Page generated in 0.03335 seconds with 8 queries