Thread: SIG P-229 40cal
View Single Post
Old April 18, 2005, 08:21 PM   #1
Scrcrow

SIG P-229 40cal

First of all... Thank you for all of the good advice spead throughout this massive message board! I spent over 8 hours reading post yesterday. Today I registered so that I could add to the on-slaught of questions that you verterans so patiently answer.

I am new to reloading but am very excited about it! Not so much for the cost break (although that is nice!), but more for learning something new. I have reloaded about 1000 rounds for my 45 cal with the assistance of a veteran and the use of his equipment, but now I want to reload for a 40 cal that I just bought. Im having trouble getting the veterans help these days so.... here I am!

I want to load target rounds for my SIG p-229 40cal. Any formulas or advice? I am a brass-picking fiend so I have 3000+ cartriges saved up from various manufactures. I believe that they are all once fired. I bought a used LEE Pro 1000 and converted it for 40cal. I was planning on depriming my brass, hand cleaning the primer pockets, then running it through the rest of the stages on the press. I have the new speer handbook but it gives a number of options for different bullet sizes etc. As I am a newbie, Im not sure about the best choice. I figured I would throw this post out a see if I get any responses. I welcome any and all advice, warnings, and/or comments.

Thanks in advance!

Page generated in 0.02637 seconds with 8 queries