View Single Post
Old March 15, 2013, 06:04 PM   #40
Jager78

The Taurus' quality has got better over the years I'll admit. I have owned a Beretta 92fs since 2001 and I have never had any issues with it what so ever. The Beretta 92fs is a solid firearm regardless of what many say. I have found that many that bad mouth it either hate the 9mm cartridge, love Glocks and 1911's and the .45 over the 9mm, or simply do not know what they are talking about all together. The reason that so many police and military forces around the world use them is due to the price and the quality of them.

Some here have suggested the CZ-75. Great firearm but now-a-days they are hard to find for under $600 just like the Beretta 92fs.

Here is what I suggest,

Have your friend look for a used 92fs, CZ-75, or a Baby Eagle II. Another posted in this thread that the CZ-75 is not similar to the 92fs which I disagree, yes they are different but when compared to other semi-auto handguns they are similiar in some ways. Full Steel, similar triggers in my opinion, and excellent accuracy with quality 9mm ammunition.

Also the IWI/Magnum Research Baby Eagle II (Not the Desert Eagle or Baby Desert Eagle/MR9 Eagle) is also similar in most respects. I know that many will disagree on this with me but I have found them to all be in the same type of category when comparing semi-auto handguns.

Page generated in 0.03090 seconds with 8 queries