View Single Post
Old June 17, 2011, 06:40 PM   #36
greentick

When I read this, I naturally assumed that the now-suspect powder (not to be put back into the original container) would not be used in cartridges, either, but used in some other manner (entertainment for the kids, accelerant for campfires, fertilizer, etc.

The general rule for medicines is to NEVER rebottle them. That seems like a good idea for powder, too. The only two alternatives to rebottling the dregs from your powder measure at the end of a loading session is 1) Return to the original container or 2) rebottle, but for disposal only.

If I misunderstand, there must be another reason to not return the powder to its original container. Please enlighten us, greentick.

I am very curious. Many people people have told me I am very curious, or, at least, odd.

Regards,

Lost Sheep

Didn't mean to stir the pot with the baby food jar deal. My reasoning for not rebottling was along the chemistry/med line of not rebottling product that might be contaminated (however slight). I liked the jar for it's airtight seal. The light exposure degradation didnt cross my mind (maybe because there is no direct sunlight anywhere near that part of the garage). I suppose one could spray paint the outside of the bottles.

I understand you could mislabel the rebottle, by the same line of thought one could pour it into the wrong powder container.

Great food for thought, I wish I had checked back in here sooner. Thanks for the advice and I retract my above statement about baby food jars.

Page generated in 0.02037 seconds with 8 queries