View Single Post
Old February 22, 2000, 05:40 PM   #4
Banzai

I started out with an RCBS single stage, then progressed to a Lee turret. From there I modified my turret into a Pro 1000 with parts from Midway. Much cheaper than a full progressive and it suits my style of loading.
I load 2000 9mm and 40 a week for myself and my buddies, so I can truely say that progressive saves major time. I use all the shell and bullet feeders that are available, and mine work great. I've never had any problem feeding anything, cases, bullets, primers, etc.
I always use the Lee factory crimp dies, either the taper or the roll, depending on what I'm reloading. Makes a major difference in ease of chambering, feeding, and wear and tear on feed ramps. Never mind reliability. Many people here use my reloads for IDPA shoots. Never had any complaints, and if one of my bullets fails to fire during competition, then I provide the person free factory loads for their next shoot. Never had to do that, though!
To get it all done, my method is to taper crimp on my single stage. Unless you have a 4 stage or more head, there's no real way to do it all in one arm pull. That's why I'm getting a Dillon as soon as the tax may repays me!

Tom

------------------
A "Miss" is the ultimate overpenetration!

Page generated in 0.02342 seconds with 8 queries