View Single Post
Old June 28, 2013, 10:30 AM   #8
F. Guffey

Bump die, I can not help it. Bump sounds like a word/means to describe an accident, beyond bump is a New England term called stove, when used in a sentence to describe an accident in nautical terms: “He pulled out in front of me and I “stoved” in his port side with my bow.

Still, I can not bump a shoulder of a case without the die contacting the neck and body first and then, finally, the shoulder, contacting the shoulder first without case body support causes the body to be rendered scrap, or it causes the case to squat, or it causes the case to collapse like an accordion or bellows etc..

Yes, there is a lot of advise, most of the advise comes from someone trying to sell something, then there are reloaders that purchased a tool and believes everyone should have one. The ‘bump die???’ as indicated does not touch the neck, and that is it, no more wisdom beyond that? There is, if the die does not contact the neck, it does not contact all of the shoulder, if the die does not contact all of the shoulder logic says there is a chance the bump die could turn into a do-nut making machine.

I use the versatile full length sizer die, with the versatile full length sizer die I can neck size, with the versatile full length sizer die I can size cases to any length between the shoulder and head of the case without Redding competition Shell holders, and, I can size cases for short chamber without grinding the top of the shell holder or bottom of the die.

I have never found it necessary to fire a case until it is fully grown, I determine the length of the chamber first from the shoulder/datum to the bolt face.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.03151 seconds with 8 queries