View Single Post
Old July 26, 2014, 02:31 PM   #3
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Howard Simon, executive director of the ACLU of Florida, was surprised with Friday's ruling. Simon's organization had filed legal briefs in support of the legal challenge.

"We are astounded that a court would allow the legislature to override the free speech rights of doctors and medical personnel," Simon said in a statement. "It's a sad day when judges tell doctors what is in the best interest of their patients."
It's also a sad day when a patient goes to a doctor for a head cold and the doctor refuses to continue the patient as a patient if the patient won't talk about gun ownership. Mr. Simon, freedom of speech cuts both ways -- you can't (legitimately) claim that doctors (who generally know zip about firearms) have a right to quiz patients about guns while maintaining that patients have NO right to NOT discuss guns.

Unfortunately, my state does not have such a law, and probably never will. So far, none of my doctors have asked me about guns in the house. If they do so in the future -- I quit shooting many years ago.

Page generated in 0.03159 seconds with 8 queries