View Single Post
Old October 9, 2012, 10:20 AM   #25
dogtown tom

Quote:
Aguila Blanca
On the sending end, I'm not seeing anything in black and white that would prohibit an FFL from meeting his buddy at the post office, taking a package already wrapped and sealed, and walking inside the post office to put that package in the mail.
While no USPS regulation would be broken, doing the above would be a serious violation of ATF regulations.....the dealer didn't record the aquisition or disposition of that firearm when he took possession from his buddy.

Quote:
9mm What about when people send in their gun for repair to a gun company? I heard people mailing them from their house/post office to the gun factory for repairs.
If they mailed a handgun via USPS they committed a Federal crime. If they used a common carrier to ship the handgun back to the manufacturer they are completely legal. Often the terms "mailed" and "shipped" are used interchangeably.

Quote:
Chuckusaret My LGS will not accept a handgun that crosses state lines from a person that does not have an FFL or fails to enclose a copy of the senders FFL.
So..........how will they know there is no FFL inside the box until they open it? ATF regs REQUIRE them to record the aquisition into their bound book.

Quote:
If you are a non FFL seller and shipping through USPS how would you know if the receiving FFL is a true dealer and not the BATF.
A "nonFFL seller" (actually anyone who is not a dealer or manufacturer) violates Federal law if he ships a handgun via USPS to a dealer.

Altough an 03FFL "Collector of Curios & Relics" is a Federal Firearms License, USPS regulations do not allow 03's to mail or receive by mail firearms other than rifles and shotguns...an 03FFL who mails a handgun to another 03.....they both are in violation of Federal law.

Anyone can verify through ATF's FFLezCheck whether the dealers FFL is valid. A complete list of FFL's is easily found at ATF.gov

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.03316 seconds with 8 queries