View Single Post
Old December 1, 2008, 08:24 PM   #21
crowbeaner

I just loaded 800 Gun Club hulls with 1 1/8 oz. of homemade #6 shot and 19.2 grains of Clays. I figure $450 for the Littleton, $50 for the ammo can and antifreeze,$32 for the primers and my shells cost around $.75 each not counting the powder that the burglars didn't take. I didn't save anything, but I learned a lot. Now if I loaded some warp drive 1 3/8 oz. heavy field loads, I'd save about $10 a box of 25. Those are 1340 fps. with a Gold Medal hull(expensive). I don't load to bust clay pigeons, I load to better factory performance. If I had to buy those $43 per 10 shell Hevishot, I'd buy the ducks and geese at WalMart and forget the shotgun. Assuming you're loading lead, you might save $1 a box on the Gun Clubs, but you'd have to purchase a BUNCH of components to do so. If you are going to shoot 20 boxes of shells per month, I'd buy a Mec 650 or Grabber first, get the basics down, and upgrade to a 9000 later. Powder Valley Inc. has the stuff you need, and much better prices than the retail outlets like Gander, Bass Pro, etc.

Page generated in 0.03248 seconds with 8 queries