View Single Post
Old February 22, 2000, 02:32 PM   #15
Chipperman

Have any of you read the article in the 2000
Guns and Ammo annual on this subject? It is titled "The double-action-only auto Ideal for Defense", by Ed Sanow.
At the beginning of the article he goes thru the definitions of the different actions.
I don't know if you agree with him or not, but according to HIM, DAO is clearly different from DA or SA, and should not be called either of them.
-------------------------
"The DAO pistol confuses a lot of pundits. Some call it a double-action pistol, b/c it does the double-duty of cocking the hammer and releasing the sear. Other folks call it a single-action, b/c it only does the single task of cocking and dropping the the firing mechansim and cannot do the double task of also dropping an already cocked hammer. Both labels are wrong or imcomplete or misleading, which explains the confusion...."
--------------------------------
Also according to him, a Glock Safe-action is synonymous with DAO. I don't know if you agree with him or not. The definitions make sense to me as I read them in the article. That, of course, does not necessarily mean that they are accurate.

Page generated in 0.03301 seconds with 8 queries