View Single Post
Old June 23, 2005, 10:53 PM   #12
sm

Well as ususal Dave, Lee, myself and some others are on a different page.

Let us go a different direction in light of recent Supreme Court decisions if I may.

I am of the "old school" one should have 4 of the same defense guns. One hidden off site somewhere, one as a backup to the primary use, one in the event one is taken by LEO, or Gov't Meddlin' , and one in the event the primary needs repair from use, abuse or whatever...Murphy's Law if you will.

A NIB Express sells for ~ $200 around here. $800 for 4 shotguns as is.
Police trade ins are what, lets say $250, that is $1k.
I and others have bought used , no paperdrill pump shotguns for $135 to $150. So we have $440- $600.

Same applies to used Police trade in Model 10's
Lever Action 30-30 like Model 94's.
Some kind of .22 rifle, Marlin 60, CZ or whatever.

I never got into metallic reloading, I had as many as 10/11 shotshell reloaders, I ran in 12 ga alone 25K rds a year thru a shotgun. I did the shotshell reloading and trusted folks did the metallic - we traded, did for each other. So add a Mec Reloader for $100 and say $200 for components to reload a shotgun.

My point is, some of us understand the statement : There is more to Responsible Firearm Ownership - than firearms in a whole different light than many.

For those that have not read the following - I highly suggest you do in light of recent rulings:

"Metal and Wood"
by Dennis Bateman
http://www.thefiringline.com/Misc/li..._and_Wood.html

Have you spent monies to preserve freedoms? Have you spent monies to train? Have you spent monies to teach and pass forward to another?

Dave, Lee, kudu, myself and others have and continue to. My guns are not fancy or high dollar. I "invest " in other worthwhile responsibilities.

Steve

Page generated in 0.03439 seconds with 8 queries